**Max Settings on Mid-Spec, Linux running PC.**
Timestamp a little bit further down the description.
OS: Ubuntu 19.10
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.3.0-51-generic
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 @ 4x 3.6GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
DRIVER: NVIDIA 440.59.0
RAM: 16 GB
Proton vers. 5.8-GE-2-MF
Hello, me again with my videos of games running on Linux just for the sake of showing people how gaming on Linux is getting better and better.
For this video I wanted to focus on a complete series of game and I chose: the **Souls games** released on PC and to top it off... **Demon Souls** emulated (badly) with RPCS3
Here is the list of games. The video is timestamped so you can easily jump to what you desire.
0:36 DS I - Prepare to Die
6:24 DS I - Remastered
11:30 DS II
16:30 DS III
21:42 Demon Souls
- Multiplayer was working in all of the games I played (expect Demon Souls ofc)
- Performance was top notch with my system for PC games
- If you have the og Dark Souls I (Prepare to Die Edition), it's very easy to use the DSfix patch (copy the dll to the install directory and use the launch option `WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput8=n,b" %command%`). The only issue is that the intro and ending videos won't display. Otherwise, perfectly playable at 60FPS with rendering resolution higher than 1080p.
- Dark Souls I - Remastered runs like a charm.
- Dark Souls II. The only problem is grass popping on the tutorial area. A part from that I didn't encounter any problems. It's a known bug that is not present in the *Scholar of the first Sin* edition of the game. Also the intro and ending cinematics will not display i this version
- Dark Souls II. Runs flawlessly at maximum settings with a few stutter here and there (you will see in the video) but absolutely minimal
- Demon Souls, emulated with RPCS3. I have a lot of audio stuttering and cracking. Again this is known issue for the game but the culprit here is most probably my i5-6500 that is getting a bit old now. However there is hope, especially since RPCS3 is still in alpha.
I would like to thanks a lot of you here who made a lot of interesting comments and suggestions on my last video posted here (Monster Hunter) and I made several changes as well as now using MangoHud for displaying stats.
This video was edited with Shotcut and it will probably the last with this soft. For the next one I'll choose between Kdenlive, DaVinci Resolve or Olive.
If you have any comments or critics please feel free to do so as it helps a lot. Thx!
I hope you enjoy the video!
And for more articles/news on game running on Linux, check my twitter & website: